Sign in to follow this  
GRINGOG60

Avo Coil overs Anyone?

Hi,

Thinking about getting the above for my G60- anyone got this setup on there car and if so what do you think?

My cars already lowere on a boge kit but this is rock AND IM SICK OF IT! :x

Any one got any suggestions - i need at least a 50mm drop but not ridiculously hard like i have at the moment!

Please help !

i think the avo's are known for being ridiculously hard... and the threads rust like a mofo if you dont grease them.

Cheers G60 - that rules the Avo's out then! :shock:

Ive heard that the konis arent good either as alot of them fail and leak so not going down that route either. :?

Venom Motorsport do a kit called Viper tech for 250 sheets that includes poly bump stops but dont know if its any good- any one got this on their wagon???

Or any one know of a good setup?

konis have been recommended the most. some bad ones have leaked ya.. but they shouldnt so you can have them replaced free of charge.

konis have been recommended the most. some bad ones have leaked ya.. but they shouldnt so you can have them replaced free of charge.

Which ones do you mean though? Are we talking coil overs or the standard top adjustastable shocks with spring?

Its worth spending good money on the suspension, Koni's or coilovers are the ones to go for. Forget the Avo's they'll shatter your spine!! :lol:

Sham,

hiya mate

at last someone listens to me!!!!

dont buy them, they are fine if all the roads you drive on are smooth as glass and you dont mind them rusting and siezing up.

spend your money on something else

jim (ex avo owner)

I can heartily recommend the supersport coil-overs that Venom sell... £400ish quid and a reasonable ride (if you don't drop it on the end-stops!) and seemingly good build quality... I've done about 7K miles in mine since fitting them 6 months ago and have had no problems... (with the coilovers anyway. Everything else has gone wrong, except the suspension! :roll: )

please dont go for the avo's. i have them and it HURTS when i go over bumps. also i have already had to go a new offside shock as it died. go for the konis

I'll move this to "Tuning and Mods" as it's not really anything to do with bodykits... 8)

I have Avo coilovers and have for the last 4 years, they are still in as good nick as when I bought them but the ride is stupidly hard even on the softest setting. Im thinking of changing to FK's next they seem to have a good reputation at present.

I have Avo coilovers and have for the last 4 years, they are still in as good nick as when I bought them but the ride is stupidly hard even on the softest setting. Im thinking of changing to FK's next they seem to have a good reputation at present.

FK's are excellent - make sure you spend the extra and go for the fully-adjustables (konigsports). Nice comfy ride when set to softest damping, but then make sure you have enough arch clearance to take the big bounces, or you will scrub your tyres to pieces :oops: .