Sign in to follow this  
boab

Car wont start(ASTRA GSI)

i know its not a corrado or not even a vw, but i was hoping if someone could help me out.

Dont think its starter as looked at the ignition wiring and there seems to be a cable missing, any way i can do checks to see if its starer etc

have pics if needed

What is it actually doing?? - Is it turning at all, do you here a click when you turn the switch?

Vauxhall starter solenoids usually play up in hot weather, if you are not getting anything at all try belting the solenoid with a big bar to free it up...

there is a clicking noise from engine bay but once i stripped the ignition down there is a clear space where some wire should be i think

would a pic help??

Sounds like the solenoid on the starter motor to me from the little info thats posted !!

Weld your lug as close to the starter as possible ( or even feel it ) and get your mate to turn the key, if you hear or feel the starter clicking, then thats 'yer problem matey.

I could go into detail on how to check your probelm electrically, but its 2.35am and I cant be arsed to be honest with you.

If you need anymore help, if any of our other fine members don't reply after you've give us some more details, then when im better rested i'll be happy to help you in detail !

Cheers