Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

Fuse box, top connectors,which plugs go where?(LOTS OF PICS)

well after having a lot of problems with my dash lights NOT dimming, and the dimmer controll heating up and burning, ALSO my ABS relay thingy (under the LEFT side of the DASH right at the back at the top would CLICK aswell...

so i took out fuses one by one,

Eventualy i got to the fuse for the sun roof and rear wiper motor,

now the dimmer switch and dash lights dim and work properly, but the sunroof and rear wiper STILL work with NO fuse in it!

But my REAR wipers will only work with the HEADLIGHTS ON!

When i arm the alarm for my car, it obviously sends a pulse to lock the doors but it doesnt shut the windows fully, the pulse that locks the doors also only pushes the windows up for the same amount of time, which is only about 1cm.

but when i start the car, the SUNROOF will close a little bit more for the SAME length of time the ABS light is on....

Will this be linked to the ABS relay clicking when i have the sunroof + wiper motor FUSE in?

Please help as i'm out of ideas!

Neil

It's a 1993 K reg, Later model with later interior. I had an alarm installed when i got the car and the alarm fitter (a shop) said the old alarm was fitted by a monkey, apparntly the live feed for the alarm was taken from the stereo or something!

Soemthing must not be right as these things must be connected.......

1) Windows wont self-close

2) Sunroof works without a fuse in

3) rear wiper will only work with headlights on ( altho the Rear window WASHER still works without the headlights on, prob due to the motor for squirter being in the engine bay)

oh and i have had problems with my REAR LEFT braking light blowing the FUSE for it, not the bulb, just the fuse, and only the rear left side. but it hasnt done it for a fair few months!

Neil

I'm really sorry but these are the only pics ive got at the moment, i cant pull my fuse box out any more.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

On this one there is nothing plugged into the slot marked 'C'

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg