Sign in to follow this  
insomniak

Caliper question..

Yeah have a VR. just had new brembo disks and padget pads fitted hence how Ive noticed the caliper being sticky/seized. Wheel gets v hot. Booked in to ray motors next friday to get the work done. would have a go myself but dont have the time or brave enough :oops:

What sort of price you looking for?

(just phoned gsf, they dont have calipers for the VR Grr..)

Not much, how much are the VW ones?

It's not a hard job really, I'm not the most mechanically minded and I'd have a go myself. All you need is a normal socket set, a feck off big bar in case your bolts are stiff, and a Eezi-bleed helps too. Think you'll be OK without brake spanners.

Might as well get a fluid change if you haven't had one recently.

Im getting the brake lines changed and the caliper swapped so fluids will be done then. As for VAG price - not sure but from the expression of the sales guy there not cheap.

then next on the list is full wheel alignment - coilies should have settled-ish by now.

heard any good / bad reports from panelcraft??

I got mine done at Q&S on the quay, seems fine (although my car scraped a bit going out of their garage!

looked into getting new callipers for mine last year, before i decided on TT 312's price new from VW for new standards, £155 each :shock: got the complete front TT set up for £160.

yeah used them before. Got a tyre from all round tyres yesterday, wasnt driving the C but they reconised me from last time - about 12 months ago. they was like - you have the silver corrado... nice when that happens :)