Sign in to follow this  
Pickard1

G60 ISV Pipe

A really quick question here.....does the ISV boost pipe have to be a set length and diamiter in the same way that the MAP sensor pipe has to be?

My idle has gradually made its way up to 2000 RPM over the last week and now there is a whistling noise from under the bonnet. After inspection the pipe that I think is the ISV Boost pipe from the inlet manifold (ISV bottom nipple, ECU top nipple, can someone confirm???) has split by the jubilee clip. I want to lop half an inch off the pipe and reconnect, is this ok?

Cheers in advance......

Dan

the only pipe that's got a critical length is the one from the throttle body to the ECU. All other vacuum pipes must stay the same internal diameter, but the length is not important... ;)

Thanks Henny,

I tried shortening the pipe but it just disintergrated in my hand. The rubber had seen better days. Off to the dealers........ :(

well,

Finally got to the bottom of this thanks to the search.......

It turns out that my idle adjustment screw had blown out. From what I have read the giveaway should of been that my idle was gradually getting higher from 1000 up to 1500 in the previous week. This must have been the screw rattling loose before it finally blew. The torn hose was just a red herring..... :lol:

Anyway cant go to the dealers to get the new screw because all of the coolant keeps droping out. Either water pump or thermostat I think but I cant see :mad: