Sign in to follow this  
fraz_Vr6

Steering Problem

I changed my front right wishbone bush and front left wishbone and bushes.

Now i have a knocking noise when i turn corners or accelerate and deaccelerate. I got the tracking done and this has cured this noise however i still get it when is turn corners.

When i put the foot down in any gear the steering feels lose and give an illusion of understeer. When i let go to the gas the steering does the same.

The steering wheel goes straight when i accelerate and goes right when i let go of the pedel.

I dont feel in control of the car at all. When it went through the mot they advised on my steering saying it was a bit loss. I checked it and it is loss but not by a great deal.

Has any one had a simliar problem or any ideas. It would be a great help.

Cheers

Got EXACTLY the same prob on me missus Polo (just changed wishbone/mounts), seems to be coming from CV/Hub area. Only happens on right lock

Not that I've noticed, I've been thinking the same, but never had one go on me, so don't know sound

Yeah i will need to get the cv joints checked out i know my top mount bushs are needing done aswell i think this will be contributing to my problem