Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

Girling 60 brake line adapter needed?

hi everyone, I picked up a set of Girling 60 front brakes off of an audi 5000 turbo here in the states. I just finished grinding all the brake dust off them and coating them with some ceramic caliper paint.

anyway my question is this,

I have a G60 and everyone says that I need SS brake lines from a VR6 in order to fit these. well problem is this, I look at my brakes and I see a screw fitting directly on the line. I look at the audi brakes and I see a screw fitting directly on the line as well, do I still need an adapter? Everyone is going ape sh|t about how you need those brake lines but my calipers dont look like they need it... I dunno maybe just me, did audi's come with standard brake lines as well as VR6 style banjo lines.

Corrado VR6 lines are the same fitting - not banjo... only the later golfs (over here anywyay) got the 288's with the banjo lines.

You got a good pic of the caliper at all mate??

hmmm whats the deal with everyone telling around about the VR6 lines?

Im getting SS lines anyway because they provide better feel and give less flex, but can I do it with regular G60 SS lines?

here is a pic

DSC00260.jpg

you may find that it's the length of the pipe that's the problem... the connector looks very much like a standard one though... 8)