Sign in to follow this  
joebrent

car too low for front spoiler!!

any ideas what i can put on to tidy up the front end?? cant be to big though as need to get over bumps without too much fuss!!

cheers

get the 50mm spoiler instead of the 90mm that is (was) probably on there. i have a 50mm i'd trade for a 90mm but the shipping would be a bitch across the water.

i don't think we have as many bumps here as you folks over there. my car is LOW. lowest corrado i've seen in person (about 70-90mm low) and i have no problems with bumps and the 50mm spoiler as long as i'm smart about how i approach things. i just take everything at a really sharp angle. get one tire up on the bump and then there's no problems... usually hah! :lol:

yeah i meant its too low for the 50mm, we have some real high bumps over here and a lot of them so i cant be mucking about going over slowly with some sterring lock on and so forth!!! thanks anyway.

My front spoiler is screwed/clipped to the front bumper at the edges only - next to the wheel arches.

This allows the front edge to fold backwards when it hits any bumps in the road.

There is a kind of a hinge already built into the joint between the bumper/spoiler.

then i don't know what to tell ya! i agree with ya... looks untidy without the spoiler on. i'd keep the 50mm on there and scrape it up daily driving. if you go to shows or meets buy a spare 50mm to put on.

there is no aftermarket that sits higher than the stock bumper. even the zender, which i think is one of the highest, sits lower than the stock bumper.

Will a Renault Laguna front splitter fit. I've seen them fitted to almost everything. I think they are rubber and would flex if they hit anything.