Sign in to follow this  
jslootweg

Corrado 2.0L 16v Not Starting in warm weather.

I have recently bought a Corrado and I am having problems starting it in this hot summer weather we have been having. The car starts fine if she is cold, or if I have already warmed it up and have only had the engine off for 10-15 mins. The problem is when the engine has been sat off for 45 mins to an hour. Thats when it doesn't start. It will start if i give it a bit of throttle but as soon as i put the pedal back to idle the engine cuts out. If i don't apply any throttle the engine just doesn't start (the starter motor is turning, and i can hear the fuel pump when i turn on the ignition, and I have also recently changed the plugs, but the problem was there before then).

Any ideas of help would be great!

p.s I'm new to corrados and I don't have a manual yet so any help via pictures or explanation would be great to.

Welcome to the forum!

I don't know much about the 2.0 16v i'm afraid but as you are fairly close I would recommend taking a trip over to Southam to see Stealth Racing.

Right I have had the temp sender changed, it was faulty as it was tested after removal. But the above problem is still present. Anyone experiencing the same thing with their rado?

i am experiencing something similar, when its really hot ie. 30° it takes a few turns before the starter turns over. only doing it when hot though

I had no end of probs with my 16v running but not only in the hot weather it turned out to be conected to a faulty lambda probe.... might be worth checking?