Sign in to follow this  
flusted

G60 RUNNING SUPER RICH

I would ask andy if you could borrow his ecu for 20mins to do some testing. Or try your ecu in his car to elimate it from you testing

If i remember correctly the 16v fuel pump makes around 7.5 bar!!!

The G60 / VR6 makes 4 bar.

There is an early system for the G60 that uses a lifting fuel pump and then a pressure pump outside the tank with a resevoir.

They both offer the same 4 bar at end.

If you're using the 16V undercar pump and kongo127 is correct, the question would be whether running with almost twice as much fuel pressure would cause your problems or not. I'd guess it does.

They both offer the same 4 bar at end.

Is that meaning both 16v and g60 pumps both offer 4 bar so are identical

No, the dual pump system on the early G60s and the newer single in-tank pump systems both give 4 bar.

I didn't know whether the 16V system gave more pressure, but if kongo is right then this is probably the reason you're having problems. You should hook up a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail and check it.

got a fuel pressure tester being dropped round to me at 5 this eve so will check then.

So am i sposed to have 3 bar as it has standard 3bar fpr?

cool,if not,when you out and about in your c andy?

Would like to quickly plug my ecu into your car and see if prob is there.

Mines easy to get out so would only need your car for 10mins

Regarding the Fuel pump situation, if my understanding of them IS correct, the 16v set up supplied fuel to the metering head, inside the metering head is a springloaded valve that opens when the fuel pressure reaches 3bar, sending excess fuel back to the tank, the 3bar supply is then fed to the injectors, with the fuel flow being controlled by the flap in the metering head. I would assume that the G60 injection system would have a regulator to maintain 3bar at the injectors, so the pump shouldn't make a difference, unless it's not supplying enough pressure (whcih it doesn't sound like it's doing, clearly) It's probably worth checking any how, the presssure reg might have gone tit's up during the converison.

you may have to pop round again one night mate as driving fiesta as have no money for petrol now got done for speeding yesterday along sandown sea front fuc*ing ball ache!

wheels look shit hot thou did i show you the pic on sat night!

you gonna have 2 change ur fuel pump then matey?

Yeah pic looked wicked! Il pop ova somewhen in week then 1 eve.

Can check the rims in person

See what the fuel pressure is tonight,if its wrong,then il stick a new pump on wednesday

Check your blue CTS with multimeter. It should read 2000-3000 when cold and around 200 when at operating temp.

My bet is on the lambda or some earth you have forgotten

Ive fitted a new blue sender.

Its got to be something simple as it was ok in the donor car.

Ive got 3 earths on the side of head and a earth strap on top of throttlebody aswell as main earth strap on gearbox

Ive also checked i have good earth on the engine and i have

I don´t remember where i saw the 16v fuel pressure information.

But if you have a higher fuel pressure in the fuel rail, i guess that the 3bar fpr from the G60 which works with vaccum / pressure on the intake manifold may not be able to regulate such a high fuel pressure from the pump, and as a result you may get a higher pressure on your fuel injectors causing overfueling.

This is just a theory!

Worth a check with a gauge and a flow meter also.

Have you checked the wiring from the connector to the lambda? Doesn't take much for those old wires to be damaged when moving it over from one car to another

Yes, it does.

Did you measured the fuel pressure?

You should get 3bar with the stock fpr connected to the inlet manifold, and 4bar with the little hose disconnected.

Keep posting!

Ok well still havent checked pressure,BUT When i connected engine loom up to fusebox i think i put a big negative wire in the wrong place on fusebox and heard a pop.

Checked all fuses and nothing blown but then found id put the negative on a positive (dam im thick)

Guessing ive fried the ecu??? sounds likely although car still runs and drives fine after warmed up although down on power

whipped out plugs and they look fine? doesnt look like running rich.

Im reckoning its running lean as it pops up through the inlet when its playing up?

Have you had any luck in resolving the issue? we have a similar problem with our G60. We are thinking about changing the lamba probe.