Sign in to follow this  
flusted

G60 RUNNING SUPER RICH

Ok,done it and it runs fine and goes alot better!!! 8)

Does this mean that both lambdas i tried are no good?

Will i cause any probs driving it with wot switch taped on?

Also exhaust is quieter on idle and theres no hissing from isv breather?

Update.

Bought brand new lambda and fitted today,but problem is still there when lambda is wired up.

So still running without lamda and switch taped

What could it be?

Did you check your FPR? These things fail sometimes, causing all kinds of problems, one of those being that your engine gets way too much fuel.

i agree.

id double earth it.

what shows on a af gauge. does it cycle then go back to warmup - broken power wire.

bad signal - get a lean signal - bad earth or signal wire. car will chug more and more as time goes on over a minute or so period. lean signal tells injectors to put more in making more chug...

i had a universal in and it wouldn't hold properly. in the end i got a full probe and wiring to 4 pin plug from vw and fixed the issues on the car harness side. thats the weak side usually.

Lambda is wired ok,getting voltage on purple wire at ecu ranging from 0.30 upto 0.80 on idle so the lambda is working.

If i unplug lambda, car runs even worse,ive resorted back to the taped switch as the car flys with this done :lol:

Darren suggested i try another ecu, but where would i find one on the Isle of Wight? :scratch: :help: :norty:

Lambda is wired ok,getting voltage on purple wire at ecu ranging from 0.30 upto 0.80 on idle so the lambda is working.

If i unplug lambda, car runs even worse,ive resorted back to the taped switch as the car flys with this done :lol:

Darren suggested i try another ecu, but where would i find one on the Isle of Wight? :scratch: :help: :norty:

Flust - but hoe htf do you do that taped switch thing - cheers mate :wink:

undo the 2 screws that hold the switch in,then tape it so its pressed all the time,then unplug lambda.

Heres a pic of my switch,i cable tied it so it stays pressed

griff i think its the ecu thats knackered aide said he doesnt think its taking to the new lambda as lambda is reading but then not doing anything so he thinks it can only be a problem with fueling from the ecu!

*update for reference*

Ive now got another ecu fitted (thanks griff!)and seems slightly better but prob is still there.

Ive now tested the throttle position switches and they are both working,ive ran another earth wire from battery to side of head and have 0.00 resitance at the earth points when engine is cold but it creeps to about 0.06 when warm.

It idles loverly now but is very hesitant between 1-2k and if i floor it, it just bucks and hesitates.

light throttle and its ok.

I dont have an ecu holder so was worried that the ecu needs to be earthed so have ran another wire from ecu body to bodywork.

Im going to try running the car with throttle switches unplugged tommorrow to see what effect this has.

co pot is set to 500ohms but might try setting to 800 next

will post results