Sign in to follow this  
m3evo

G60 Sparkplugs

Hi, I know just about everybody fits Bosche W5dpo plugs to their G60s, but has anybody thought of fitting the NGK equivalent? just wondered cheers Dave.

w6dpo are the standard plugs

w5dpo are out of a G40 Polo, however I use W5's in mine as they run cooler and are better in more heavily modified engines.

w6dpo are the standard plugs

w5dpo are out of a G40 Polo, however I use W5's in mine as they run cooler and are better in more heavily modified engines.

That should answer it

Whats the difference's between?

« Blue_Joe » wrote:w6dpo are the standard plugs

That should answer it

Yeah I did see that but what gains can be made from plugs?

The NGK equivalent to W5DPO is only about £2.50 each "are these not good enough"?

Actually I mean't that I'm sure conversations I've had in the past about these plugs with the experts were of the conclusion, don't use anything other than the Bosch ones.

So No they are nto good enough!!!

W5dpo's are no where near £15-£20 each sam, If you paying that someone is pulling your pants down.

w5 as sam says are defo best but i remeber someone saying somewhere W6's are fine up to 230 bhp or something! ill prob get shot down in flames in aminute but i think i heard that somewhere!

I think it must just be a performance issue, because the NGK plugs are platignum tipped aswell and are good for 30 to 40 k miles, both single electrode bye the way,

what ngk part number are you looking at? in my book at work its the same one's listed for the mk2 golf gti multi-tip 3 prong and denso list 4 prong?

Just checked the price again seems they made a mistake at the motor factors, they cost £4.77 each for BP7EVX which is the same has W5DPO

The NGK equivalent to W5DPO is only about £2.50 each

These are not the correct/direct replacments for W5DP0. Platinum plugs are about 3 times that.

The plug you are refering to is probably the 3 prong with Bosch number W5DTC or the single prong W5DC. You can also use the silver tipped W5CS.