Sign in to follow this  
golfg60

G60....Still confused????

Alright chaps,

I have read numerous posts about removing the boost return pipe.

I would like to do this to my car but still don't understand the benefits of it and how to do it. Like i said in my previous thread i would like my car to have these mad howls that i hear so often from some show cars.

What benefits wil i see from fitting a gyro valve as well????

If anyone can shed some light on this i would be grateful.

Cheers

Tom

there are about 3 or 4 long posts on here about removing it.. you've read these and still don't understand?

its to keep the charger cooler > more efficient > less wear on internal parts

it also frees up a second inlet hole to the charger so you can run a second intake. or, just block it off with a blocking plate if you have no need for a 2nd intake. (dual air intakes feeds the charger with equal amounts of air on both sides.. keeping the unit in better balance. although this is debatable).

then. .. you can either run the valve cover breather (oil vapour) to your block off plate or second intake and into the charger.. as some people will tell you this oil vapour is critical to lubrication within the charger... or take the block off plate or second intake off every now and then and spray some appropriate lubricant in there. i said appropriate.

ok enough of this stale topic.

Difficult to know what noise you are talking about. If its progressive under throttle then its most likely the charger itself. - When they are ported/flowed etc they develop a really lowd howl. If you mean the noise on lift-off then this will be the wastegate dumping to atmosphere. - When the boost return comes off it leaves the wastegate under the throttle body exposed. Combine this with a ported throttle body and i expect you'll get some pretty mental noises, at least thats what i am hoping for when i get the car back from Darren, Liam etc!!! :twisted: