Sign in to follow this  
Bally

MFA TEMP??

noticed the mfa oil temp is reading 120plus when in traffic & cools down when on a run, but gets hotters the faster the cars driven..

I no its been warm weather but wondering if the oil cooler on its way out?? any ideas???

I'd have a look at your cooling system first mate I had to put a new rad in the other week and that helped considerably I'm running between 70 & 100 now - sorted :wink:

Ive bought some new coolant from the dealers so plan on changing coolant.. anyone changed the heat exchange unit before??

Ive bought some new coolant from the dealers so plan on changing coolant.. anyone changed the heat exchange unit before??

yep, it's a doddle mate, there's just one thin big nut underneath when you remove the oil filter, then it's just the two water hoses. If yours is original it'll be pretty sha99ed by now. You might want to get a new seal for the new one though, goes between oil filter housing and the exchanger

D.

Hi Dave, just the man...

how much are they??

32.50 from GSF, I got mine free from my dad when he worked for Skoda, they're used on Octavias, be interesting to see how much a Skoda dealer would charge for one.

GSF opened within walking distance from me in Northampton - RESULT!

yr old man always good when it comes to getting the right parts lol

nice one.. thats so handy dude.. Ive always had to go to luton!!

fancy doing a job for me lol

Got a new rad myself recently made a huge difference to overall temps down 10% - I moved the horns down under the bumper also for a better airflow to the rad.