Sign in to follow this  
tallpaul1977

QPENG ECU

Hi, has anyone had any experience with the QPENG ecu? Im considering using this on my 1.8T conversion or have seen the OMEX ecu. Is the QPENG capable of running 300 odd bhp? What are other people running?

Thanks for any help

Paul

i believe the QPENG wiring loom instantly bumps your bhp to around 270 from the 225 BAM tt engine. I know you can get 180 and 210 brake versions of the 1.8t, but dont know if the QPENG pumps them up to 270 aswell, or just the equivalent (50ish bhp)

qpeng uses MBE management i think you will find, seems to be the cheapest way to do a 1.8t,

with ecu`s you need to decide where you are going to get it mapped and what they like to use,

creme de la creme is motec m400 from kieth murray at dialynx, but then you are talking about stab in the dark figure of 4K plus for your ecu + wiring + mapping,,

big power costs big money whichever way you look at it,

allot of people are successfully running dta exp 48 ecu`s , stealth racing can help you there,,

if you are after 300 bhp you will be wanting a custom map rather than simply a bsae map to get you started, what engine / turbo mods are you planning?

The engine is a AGU lump. Will be using a Garrett GT28RS turbo, front mounted intercooler. Still thinking about other mods to use.

Ving60 what mods have you done so far? Any estimated power figures?

The engine is a AGU lump. Will be using a Garrett GT28RS turbo, front mounted intercooler. Still thinking about other mods to use.

Ving60 what mods have you done so far? Any estimated power figures?

if your running those mods then it will still be ok to run the qpeng you just need to find a tuner who can tweak your map on the MBE management,, 8)

q peng has a fully mappable mbe ecu,, you just need somewhere that will remap it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

think ben is on haltech

Mine is running about 270-280 on the QPE ecu.

It's fully mappable and i'm sure Jon at QPE would map it for you.

Qpeng seems a lot of money compared to the dta ecu. Am I reading it right that you need to pay another £200 for the mapping software? Qpeng does seem the easy option.

you can download the maping software from MBE's site. what you get for the £200 is a tuning box (what ever that does), cables etc.

if you get DTA etc you will have to pay someone to map it from scratch @ £500+

Qpeng seems a lot of money compared to the dta ecu. Am I reading it right that you need to pay another £200 for the mapping software? Qpeng does seem the easy option.

But you will not need the mapping software or CAN box as the ECU will come with a calibration on for your specific engine. I have done 3 20v corrado conversions and 1 mk2 and used the QPEng kit for all of them and they have been faultless. I doubt if you add up the cost of the DTA it will be cheaper than the Quantum kit.

thanks for the help guys. Any one had any experience with the GT28RS turbo? Trying to decide between that and the IHI Jabba conversion. Also what FMIC are you guys using?

my dta was £500 made the wiring loom myself, used all original sensors except map sensor which was 30 quid, mapped it myself good enough to drive and got an ex tsr blokey to finish the mapping for 30 quid

funk