Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged Junkie

Changing front brakes on a g60

Hi All

Well feeling brave and the fact that the garages around this way are complete bunch of ........ well you know! i thought i`ll try to change my own front disks & pads today. Got hold of a set of 12 groove black diamond disks with matching predator pads from venom, downloaded the how-to-guide from the knowledge base and off i went.

All was going well until i came to the calliper carrier bolts, wow my god they would not move a milli-metre, tried everything to move them.. even bend a socket bar wrench(see pic)

Luckly the disk & pads that were on there didn`t look too bad, so put the original set back on, but my question is are these bolts always so difficult to remove, do you need a impact wrench to remove them or am i just really weak :-D

Given up now, hopefully g-man can change them for us when i go down there to find out about a bigger intercooler and hopefully he can find out were this fecking annoying oil leak is coming from!

Moan/Rant over

Ian

rofl, bloody hell, thats crazy you managed to bend that socket bar :o