Sign in to follow this  
ziderapple

Got standard springs lying around?

It looks like I'm going on a fairly long trip around Christmas time, well Bristol to Albi (Midi-Pyrenees in France) which according to AutoRoute door to door is around the 800 mile mark. My car is LOW, sump occasionally kisses the the floor, speed bumps etc. I was wondering as most dont run the standard 4x4 suspension setup, if there was any kind soul who would be willing to lend, rent or sell me thier original springs for the trip? I will collect and return them (unless they are unwanted). Main reasons being comfort, but mostly I want to bring back a fair amount of booze, and obvioulsy with 4x4 I can carry more. :D The trip is not 100% yet, but more than likely, so if anyone could help please let me know. My C is a 94 Vr (bought the car lowered so I dont have original springs)

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Chris.

........... i have a set of standard springs and a set of eibachs already fitted to some reasonable shockers, might save all the malarky of compressing the springs etc ( not super low ) and you are welcome to either set fella :thumbleft:

surfer.vr6, TIMMYVR, gaz the geezer, thank you very much, really appreciated. Not sure what my shocks will be like on standard springs as their gas? be ok wont they? gaz the geezer, are your eibachs standard size? I'll pm you nearer the time lads, see if your still ok to lend me them. surfer.vr6, think your the closest to me . Thanks again. Wicked forum!! :D

ziderapple, if you have have lowered suspension then you may well have shorter shocks ( might not ) , fitting std springs to shortened shocks may well be an arseache to do and you will have suspension as hard as a skinheads boot , the eibachs might be a bit too low if you are hauling contraband back from abroad but the std springs i have are in good nick, i can mix n match so you can have a std set of springs n shocks, should sort you out if you are in need. :thumbleft:

Thanks again for the replys. Thought std springs with lowered shocks would be a pain. Well I'll PM you both in novemebr. Surfer.vr6 are your shocks ok aswell?

hauling contraband back :lol: not that bad, just i have visions of car bottoming out when loaded up!

Cheers guys.

Chris.