Sign in to follow this  
KADVR6

sometimes wont start.??

the problem started last week, got in the car. turned the key. nothing?? the heater motor is running fine, all clocks are working etc etc, but car does not start, fiddle around with key in the ignition for a while, and it starts. me thinks ignition switch!! fitted new one yesterday but the problem is still there?? its only happened about 3 times in a week. but really annoying when it does happen, any ideas??

Starter Motor? - no expert mate but if it's not firing at all then maybe the starter needs replacing.....not sure though because the problem is intermittent....sure someone will give you the right advice.

i thought starter motor mate, but when it wont start. the starter motor is not making that clunk noise, just been outside checking fuses, they all appear ok. blody cars :?

Things I would check, fuses, which you already have, Relays, especially 167 I think, bottom right (fuel pump relay) Take it out and reseat it, see if it makes any difference. They are relatively cheap anyway, eurocarparts or dealers, whichever you prefer.

Could even be an immoboliser problem...but check the above first.

Bet it's something simple, but you're right, cars can be troublesome, sometimes I think I was better off on my pushbike..........Not!!!!