Sign in to follow this  
jslootweg

Which Haynes Manuals

I would like to work on my brakes and remove the cold start from my C this weekend. What haynes manuals do I need to cover these jobs? Also do i need a replacement gasket when I put my 5th injector back on?

Thanks for your helps peeps.

Pressuming your working on a rado, they dont do a Haynes manual for the Corrado. There is a Bentley manual, but a hard copy on ebay, ive seen go for £70 before now. Think there is a cd format of it for a matter of £££s. Dont know what its like though because ive never bought one.

If the 16v in your avatar is yours then you'll be wanting the Haynes Passat manual (1988-1991 with a purple cover). Since there's no specific Haynes maual for the Corrado it's the closest you'll get to the 2.0 16v and even covers the 9A engine.

That was good you reckonised it was a valver because when that photo was taken pikey had stolen my 16v badge. Thanks for the very quick response. Will that passat manual cover the breaks on a 1993 2.0l 16v?

Well it's got Estorils on it so that pretty much guarantees it to be four-stud, and I just assumed they were on a 2.0 16v being the standard wheel and all.

All the Passat's covered by that manual have 256mm front brakes, the same as all 1.8 and 2.0 16v Corrados. It covers the ABS system too, which I assume is the same as the late 16v Corrado system.

It's very unlikely you'll need a new cold-start injector gasket, by the way.

* EDIT *

There aren't that many pages on the braking system. At a push I could probably scan them for you.

So is there any way "the corrado forum" could create a manual so as we are all working from the same bible or is that to cheeky? :oops:

So is there any way "the corrado forum" could create a manual so as we are all working from the same bible or is that to cheeky? :oops:

Feel free to put it together :lol:

I think all the info is on the site, but I doubt anyone would be arsed to put it all together. The Knowledge Base is where they stick those bits, and it will hopefully be added to when people write articles.