Sign in to follow this  
J50DUB

noises from right wheel

Hi,

Recently my car has developed a clunking clicking noise coming from what seams too be the right hand side of the car it happens frequently especially when turning right.

I did a search and found out it could be a manner of things so i did what someone suggested on the forum too find out. What was up with her

The driveshaft has play in it around 2/3mm is this bad ?? how can it be fixed new driveshaft if so how much money do they cost and is it a possible D.I.Y job??? im a novice though but willing too try if its a garage job any idea of a rough price

also recently its been a bit of a pain getting into gear and once was stuck in third for a little while not done it since though

Suspension top struts moved down as i jacked up the car does this mean there knakered? i have a set of spax sports suspension would this be solved via fitting them?? good excuse to drop her!

also the wheel moves from side to side about a 1/4 of an inch this must be bearings right ? ive ordered some bearings but are they easy too replace??

is it safe to drive it about?? i usaully drive a bit 'quick' shall we say but obviously im driving very cautiosly (sp) now

this cars costing the earth! but shes woth it :oops:

any help appreciated

thankyou

Outer CV joint has gone and the wheel bearing has gone dosent sound good mate. It could end up costing a bit i wouldnt take on the task as a DIY job i would garage it.

The strut tops will move down thats normal mine do that if they move side to side there knackered. Dunno bout the gear problem maybe the cables are starting to seize up????

Best of luck??

James

I wouldnt fancy it if its really banging i definatly wouldnt thrash it. There is always a chance that the outer joint could collapse and lock the whhel up or worse disconnect and cause some serious damage...

well it doesnt do it unless on full lock really and it doesnt 'always' do it then you have to really wack the wheel over i think im going to use it still but ill jus have to take my time! need my car badly so either way its going to be hard!!!!

also any idea of cost>>?

Well if if its not doing it on normal drivin then you should be ok for quite a while, dunno on price depends where you go as to how much they charge for labour. Also if its jus the joint thats gone you should get change from £200 if the wheel bearing has gone aswell then add maybe £80 or more???

That should be labour and vat included anything more and there pulling your pants down.... :lol: