Sign in to follow this  
Foggystorm

stealth shelf covering

I have been on a mission to get a covering for my stealth shelf to match the colour of my interior (it is beige leather). I have had about 20 samples altogether from various different suppliers and I have found one that is pretty much a perfect match for a CLEAN beige interior (I say clean as the colour is identical to the fabric on the underside of my original parcel shelf, but slightly lighter than the fabric on the top of my parcel shelf which is obviously a little dirty). The best news however was that it was one of the cheapest ones that was the best match. I will be getting it delivered this week and will fit it at the weekend and will put up some pictures of it then. I got my shelf second hand on ebay but you can buy new un-carpetted ones on the first link below, and the link for the carpet is on the 2nd link, if you want to get a sample of the carpet if you phone the number on their website and they will send you one out, I emailed their managing director and he may possibly be up for a group buy, but tbh I dont know if there would be enough people wanting them to make it worth their while. Auto Acoustics do do a speaker shelf carpet in beige themselves but it is nothing like the interior of the Corrado, it is much more brown. the one from Unique Products looks different in the photo to what it looks like in real life.

The speaker carpet is £17.99 (inc VAT) and delivery is in the region of £6 although he is letting me know for definate tomorrow, for this you get a roll which is 1m x 2m which is enough to do approx 2 parcel shelfs. The speaker shelves themselves cost about £60 I think, but you could probably make one if you really wanted to, but it was the carpet that I think a few people were having a 'mare to get hold of:

Shelf link \/

http://www.auto-acoustics.co.uk/index.a ... ductid=178

Carpet link \/

http://www.carmats4u.com/Ice-Carpet/Ice ... oduct.html

Mine is turning into dust from the heat of summers. Just a reminder to people not to ruin them by cutting holes in them for speakers..