Sign in to follow this  
Andy T

Just bought a Corrado G60!

Hello all,

After owning a mk2 GTI for nearly 4 years, last night I picked up my new dream car!

Its a late 92K Red G60 with 83k on the clock and FSH. Its got black cloth interior with red Alcantara centres, and Corrado badging on the front seats. Is that a special edition interior or does it sound like a custom job? It has the Karmann badge on the centre console.

Its in really mint condition with no signs of the paint fading, apparently its been garaged and never driven in the rain for the last 4 years!

Modding wise its fairly standard, apart from kosei 17's, debadged grille/eyebrow, tinted rear clusters, and when I looked through the pile of receipts, I noticed it has a Jabbasport stage 4 charger, chip & 68mm pulley. Also has a very loud Scorpion exhaust system(no cat), I think that might be getting changed tho!

The guy who last owned it didn't really have a clue about it, so It's nice to have it back in the hands of a proper VW enthusiast.

Can't wait to service it and then start thinking about a few mods..... std suspension is sky high on 17's!

cheers,

Hi mate, Congtrats..

I got a 1.8 16v on sunday, after having a modded Ford, and being a ford nut for nearly 9 years!

I driven the C 287miles since, and seems lovely to drive.. :D

i went from a modded ford too. only bought the c to sell on, but ended up selling the rs turbo instead. just need a tuned g60 motor for mine :lol: now to make up for the lack of power!

I have a full Scorpion system on my 16V and when I first fitted it it was way too loud. Have a look underneath below the drivers seat, if there is no small box just after the downpipe ask Scorpion to make you one. They did mine FOC as it was while I was fitting, you're prob a little late but I can't see it being more than £60-80. Now purrs like a kitten at tickover and has a nice throaty growl when provoked without being too Nova-ish.

I upgraded from mk2 GTi to :)

I have a full custom powerflow system with decat on mine and its seriously loud. Spoke to the powerflow dealer near me and they said they would add in another section that should reduce the noise dramatically.

Been meaning to get this done for months now but think I'll try and head up next week to sort it. Several 200mile round journeys to Edinburgh have convinced me of this :)

They said they would do it for 50quid, the exhaust was fitted in November 2002, I got the car in Feb 2003 and its got lifetime warranty. Not bad I reckon for them to fit etc.

Hope you enjoy the G60, do you like the big whistle from the boost on gear change?? :)

Cheers Fella's, quite a few of you upgraded rom the mk2 then!

When looking through the receipts I discovered that its had a full Scorpion system, but then at some point the back box has been changed for a powerflow item, maybe this is why it's so loud!

It did give me a headache at first but i'm starting to get used to the 'lambo' sound :D i'll probably go to powerflow to see what they can do, but I will check how many silencers it has first, cos i'd really like to keep the tailpipe(short fat round exit)

I've not heard the boost sound yet because of the exhaust! definately feels quick tho, quicker than the mk2

i'll take some pics this weekend....

I have just bought a black 16 valve, and that had a full Poweflow exhaust system on it. Way too loud for me. Drove me mental on the motorway after 4 hours!

I had it taken off today at Stealth, and had a Supersprint full system fitted.

I will try and sell the Powerflow system on the Forum, I reckon somebody may want it...

I upgraded from a Porsche 968 clubsport - more fun more respect!

Should of whipped the mirrors off it first.... :shock:

You should still hear the whistle over the exhaust, floor it with you window down, especially on a nice cold day, when you lift off you will get a monumental wheeeeeeee sound :)

G60's are great - Charger + Induction Kit + exhaust = much noise :) Subtle as an ambush.

Booked my G60 in for 18th Oct to get silencer added in. Contemplating putting on a diff back box to. It has some huge fat round thing at the moment. I have always like the twin dtm ones but have never seen a corrado with one. Do they not suit them or something??

Booked my G60 in for 18th Oct to get silencer added in. Contemplating putting on a diff back box to. It has some huge fat round thing at the moment. I have always like the twin dtm ones but have never seen a corrado with one. Do they not suit them or something??

probably down to the fact that everyone and their uncle had DTM's..........no disrespect to anyone who has one(newcorradowner :wink: for instance)but the C just doesn't really suit DTM's.......

what ones you reckon suit? I like dubsters boxer one, and your miltek looks good too.

what else other options you reckon?

I really like DTMs :) look great on golfs

Any pics of a twin dtm on a C??

what ones you reckon suit? I like dubsters boxer one, and your miltek looks good too.

what else other options you reckon?

I really like DTMs :) look great on golfs

Any pics of a twin dtm on a C??

the miltek's and magnex's are just about identical looking and both look just a bit meatier than the standard one which is why i went for my miltek :wink:

other than the boxer one like dubster82's there is also a "big-bore" round tailpipe and of course the DTM-styles :? as for a pic of one..........if you PM newcorradowner on here i'm sure he'll let you see it in the flesh

ah is he from Aberdeen to then?

Seems like half this board is from Aberdeen 8)

Not sure what mine is, some crazy jap style 4-5"?? :shock:

shows my twin DTM pipes.

Can hardly see em.....

Munkay, i quite like round pipes on a Corrado too. look different. if you want to be really different, you could try this supersprint jobbie... think it may suit your colour of car.. :? 885964.jpg

Of course, if your going to powerflow, theres really nuthin you cant have...

Off to Powerflow on thursday to get an extra silencer put in (or a different rear silencer)

Not bad at £40, just hope it doesnt end up being too quiet!

I had it taken off today at Stealth, and had a Supersprint full system fitted.

what sorta price would I be looking at for a full super sprint system for my VR6? I asked when I got my MOT done, and they were quoting stupid money.

Thera