Sign in to follow this  
jamin

Clifford Concept 300 - need help!

I need some suggestions about my faulty clifford alarm.

Since Tuesday both key fobs fail to unlock/disarm the car alarm - which means I have to use the damn switch thing to enter the valet code (not as easy as it sounds) to start the car.

I've tried new batteries in both key fobs - one of which has never been used. I've also cleared the fobs from the unit, following the instructions, and then tried to re-bind them, but no luck. The alarm seems to work ok, except for the fobs.

The alarm was fitted when I bought the car - in 1999 and the fitter no longer deals with Clifford.

Any suggestions short of getting a new alarm. I wanted to spend my saved cash on some coilovers or a new exhaust!!!

find the alarm box and check the ariel hasnt come out.

already tried that, even tried to bind the fobs by placing them right next to the unit..no joy.

thanks for the suggestion though.

Take the backs off the fobs and make sure the three solder joints on the plate that holds the battery in place on the circuit board are all true. They have been known to have hairline cracks in the joints which stop the fobs working mate. although it does sound a little more serious. You havent got any extras like intelli start fitted have you mate?

Take the backs off the fobs and make sure the three solder joints on the plate that holds the battery in place on the circuit board are all true. They have been known to have hairline cracks in the joints which stop the fobs working mate. although it does sound a little more serious. You havent got any extras like intelli start fitted have you mate?

Nope, its just the basic alarm/immob, nothing flash.

The fobs look fine, one of them I have never used, but thanks for the suggestions.

when you reprogram the remote you have to do all buttons you want working

follow the table in your manual

also what model is it as some had ariel fauls and you might need the upgraded ariel