Sign in to follow this  
jslootweg

Momo Removable Steering Wheel

I would love to get myself a removable steering wheel as can be found on the awesome GTI website. What parts do I need to fit one of these systems. Do i just need the removable boss and a steering wheel, or do i need a boss kit aswell. I don't want to order something I don't need, or place a order and find out i'm missing something. Has anybody had any experience with these kits? What are they like?

you need the steering wheel, the snap-off boss and the normal boss!

AFAIK the normal boss works ( what i got) but the wheel will be about an inch further towards you due to the snap-off being inbetween the normal boss and the wheel, this creates a bit mor gap to the indicators etc.. not a problem as far as i`m concerned there is apparently a shorter boss designed specifically for use with the snap-off.

they are cool, look like a good deterent for theives and is quite funny when you hand over your wheel whilst driving :shock: and ask the passenger to drive.... (not recommended!!)

they can be locked so the wheel cant be removed

HTH

ben

Worth noting that MOMO do different lengths of boss's - I think L is put on the end of the part number for the longer one so you may want the shorter one unless you are 7 foot tall...

Worth noting that MOMO do different lengths of boss's - I think L is put on the end of the part number for the longer one so you may want the shorter one unless you are 7 foot tall...

surely if you were 7 feet tall you would want the shorter one as your gangly arms would reach the windscreen? :lol: