Sign in to follow this  
toon vw

difference between early & late front indicators ??

As above ....whats the difference? i have found some 'late' front indicators on ebay but they seem to have some kind of screw fixing on the top corner of the lense where as mine does'nt have that obvious fixing :help: are these the early ones ?? Also how much would i expect to pay for an indicator & also a headlight for a late model (new or used)?? any advice would be welcomed....cos i ain't got a clue :oops:

Sounds like you have an early indicator light. Different fitment to the late spec. I have just had to buy a late type NSF indicator as it got shattered with a stone. 55 euro +vat from stealers.

The new ones are mounted with spring loaded brackets, no screws.

Think i paid about £30 for one from Europarts.

Headlights are over £100 from the dealers, second hand around 40 quid for a gooden. Ensure that its not from a left hand drive.

Yeah just had the same happened to mine aswell :x , just to clarify the early indicators are the ones with the obvious screw fixing in the top corner & obviously the late ones must have some kind of internal fixing ??

Thanks Goldie thats what i needed to know :thumb right: there's a guy advertising some ' late ' indicators on ebay but i noticed that screw hole on them which mine does'nt have, think i'll let him know the error of his ways now :lol: :lol:

You can convert to late indicators but you will also need the fogs with the plastic surrounds too...

See the article in the knowledge base...