Sign in to follow this  
JMC

Bonnet release question

Just had a nasty ping sound when I went to release my bonnet. Now the cable is really slack, and the bonnet is shut down. Not good. Had a look and the little clip (which is a weak spot on these) is broken. Now I've had some problems with the bonnet release for a while, in that it wouldn't spring back on it's own (the lever had to be pushed back into position before I could shut the bonnet). Pulling on the cable now does nothing.

The question is (for those to whom it has happened before) what does it feel like when that little clip on the lever breaks (other than ***** annoying)?? Does it still give any resistance (just wondering if the clip had been broken for ages and the cable has finally snapped).

Thanks TimmyVR, the lever does feel really slack, so fingers crossed that it is only the clip that has broken (even though I understand VW no longer sell the clip, should be able to make something up).