Sign in to follow this  
Twiss

Request Info Update 30-11-07 6A 2l now in !!!

I've searched though the forum to find as much info on swaping the 1.8 block withe the 2.0l block ( 9A). but I thought I would ask u lot to send me any other info on doing the job that would help me?

Thanks Twiss

I've searched though the forum to find as much info on swaping the 1.8 block withe the 2.0l block ( 9A). but I thought I would ask u lot to send me any other info on doing the job that would help me?

Thanks Twiss

not much to it really, it's a straight swap, all you need is a metal 2.0L headgasket (get from VAG) and all the other stuff is standard 1.8 16v if you're re-using the 1.8 head.

Budget for a clutch, engine mounts (front at a minimum), filters, plugs, coolant, manifold gaskets, water seals, even a water pump while you're in there.

Depending on the arrangement of pulleys, you may need to remove the 9A pulleys and replace with all the old KR bits as you won't have the right steering pump/pulley on an early 1.8 to match the 2L arrangement.

Once it's all together and running OK you really need to book and hour or two on a rolling road to set it up right, this can gain you 10bhp+ even if you think it's running fine. If you go for an Audi 6A or ACE block then you'll need to swap over the KR oil pump pickup and sump too.

Sorry to bring this back up.

I have sourced a audi 80 with what I think is a 6A engine so the sticker in the boot says.

But the only thing that make me doubt the sticker is the starter motor is on the block not on the gearbox. its a an audi 80 K reg . where is the engine code stamped on he engine?

If this is correct All I need to do is swap from my KR engine to the 6a engine things like flywheel, clutch, pulleys ans oil pick up pipe and sump pan.

I have used the search and im just making sure Ive got the right engine.

Thanks Vaughn

I got 6A block but it has this stamped on the block. I can remeber reading about the exhaust cams on the late 6a being from the abk block or something?

can i still put a KR inlet cam in the 6a head? if this is true?

can i still put a KR inlet cam in the 6a head? if this is true?

Yeah, you should be able to. davidwort has a 6a in his IIRC...

Well I've got the 6A engine in and its running ok.

but I havent put the KR inlet cam in yet and she hasent been fully tuned, Ive got to run her in for a week and then have the cam put in, chang oil again and give her a tune.

At the mo I was told that she is in her current stat that she is only getting 80 in third and 90 in forth would this be right ? I'm hoping when her cam goes in it will sort this. an also tuned right.

Thanks Vaughn