Sign in to follow this  
dan

Rear lights again

I removed all the manufacturers writing on the light clusters & polished them up. Then I applied 3.5mm black stripes along the non-reflective lines in the lights. I used a matt black vinyl which matches the original light surround nicely.

As I stuck the vinyl on the sort of non reflective part of the lights it has no visible effect on the indicator brightness. Passed MOT last Friday no problem :D

Shout out to John J who sold me his old clusters 8)

Oooh, I like that... Keeps the originality, yet freshens the rear up... Nice... :D

Cheers guys,

At last I'm happy with the exterior of the car (famous last words).

No seriously thats it. I'm not doing any more engine up-grades either. I'm just going to settle with the car as it is & spend all my money on keeping it well maintained. :D

Heres some more pics I took at the same time..

it is a pleasure to look at cars of that quality

BTW the thing you have done with the lights looks awesome but arent the MOT testers a bit dodgy with that sort of thing? Probably arent but either way it looks cool. Love the wheels as well. I think that C's look better with a wheel thats not super flashy. They compliment the car really well. What are they off? A beetle?

BTW the thing you have done with the lights looks awesome but arent the MOT testers a bit dodgy with that sort of thing? Probably arent but either way it looks cool. Love the wheels as well. I think that C's look better with a wheel thats not super flashy. They compliment the car really well. What are they off? A beetle?

Cheers Matt,

The indicators light up as normal, its only when they're switched off they look slightly darker. This is due to the thickness of the black strip (3.5mm) & the positioning of them (on the sort of least reflective sections). It took me about 2hours to apply the vinyl stripes & didn't cost me a penny :) . As I said, they passed the MOT last Friday :D

The wheels are 16" replicas (although made in Italy) taken from the Audi RS4. The offset is just right I think, really helps their appearance on the Corrado.

I got the wheels for £400=VAT from a supplier in N Ireland 8)