Sign in to follow this  
dubbprince

corrado 16v buying...

ok today i travelled oh say about 60miles to see a corrado from me.

its an indigo blue 1.8 16v

91k on the clock (no funny noises, and starter motor is new)

2 previous owners (one of them being an old guy)

no scratches! no dents! no rust

grey karmann interior, std tape unit!

lowered 40mm on BK racing wheels...near enough spotless.

engine has FSH and all MOT certificates along with all receipts for the following mods:

eyebrow spoiler, meshed grill, blue tinted bk lights.

the guy wants £2900...is it worth it??

Any help is appreciated and i'll say thanks now... :lol:

Ok dubbprince if your looking for a 16v and you want a tidy low miles car in the right colour they can fetch big money still, there like any other corrado regardless of engine size imho The car you have looked at sounds nice and the colour is nice has it got a good service record and all the mots , My mate is buying mine off me ( when he sells his golf) when being the word :x My car is a199116v in Burgundy pearl with 17 10 spokes in mint condition with 65000 miles all old mots full service history lowered 40mm on eibach springs and billstein shocks and he`s giving me £3400 for it, the only reason im selling is i need to do loads of work to my house and pull the drive up build a big garage and then try and find a mint VR6 8)

to me that sounds ok

my mate bought a corrado about 7months ago and he payed 2500 and it was average miles with loads of stone chips

well it has full service history...all mot certificates...its indigo blue, 1991 too.

has BK racing 222FC's which are 6 spoke wheels. as i said 91k on clock with no engine troubles at all.

All receipts for all mods...

is it worth £2850?? or should he go lower??

SOLD!! to meeeee.....for £2800 cash!

this is what i have:

indigo blue 1.8 16v with Full VWSH. 1991 J plated.

flushed rear badges inc vw badge removed.

no sidestrips.

BK racing 17" alloys with 205/40 R17's.

blue tinted rear lights.

LED side repeaters.

eyebrow spoiler and meshed grill.

lowered fully on the 17's! it sits about 2.5inches off the ground at the front.

all electrics are fully working...dark grey interior.

bloody wicked!! pics will follow soon i promise. :lol:

i can't believe i sold my polo today...and bought a corrado the same day!

both cars i managed to lower to £2800 when i purchased them! and both have had fvwsh!

where do i buy the following CHEAP:

3 slatted grill.

red smoked rear lights.

twin round back box...which will sound nice and deep.

also...an air filter! I had a K&N on my polo...can i attach a PiperX viper to this engine?

How do i change all of the dash lights to blue?? inc switchs.

If anyone has already answered these questions made by many others...can ya give me a topic to search for.

also one last thing! It has a Toad Ai606 alarm with total closure, what door handles canu put on it?? i wanna colour code them. :p

Glad to see you got one finally :D

3 slat grill, Go to GPC, think they're about £24.

Lights? M3 (mine) you'll get the in pro'd FK for the same but top tinted ish. all others are DIY or Custom jobbies. start looking for second hand standard lights.

twin round exhaust? dont know about that, dont even think itll fit the recess to be honest. might have to think about summat else :(

You can colour code you STD. one or Passat rears, try ,some Audi jobbies if your feelin brave :D

As for the dash lighting? click on "91 G60" in my sig, i have a little guide to this in there and pics of my multi coloured display 8)

Hope this helps :)

i'll get that grill asap! and as for the lights...already lookin for some std units. How much to get them resprayed a red colour?

As for the exhaust, i'm pretty sure a twin round exit one should be ok...the scirroco can do it, worth a try i guess. If not then one upswept boxer style tailpipe like yours will do the trick!

your car is great brian...i've added you to my msn list, so we can chat more about the dash lighting...is it bulbs you coloured?? or re-soldered LEDS?? i know the neon

trick...but is there not filters behind the LCD panels? is it LEDs behind the electric mirror, sunroof and window switches??

know any place i can get 12v blue LEDS?? i had trouble finding them last time...maplins only stock 5v ones!

the handles- how would some Vento rear handles do on it??

thanks!!

Sanjay.

hello Sanjay

For the rear lights i have a set thats been sprayed i bought as i second pair which im now selling on

http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/aposegil

look in the for sale folder and if you look in the for sale section of this forum my thread on the parts i have for sale should be there

As for the exhuast if you want it twin round im affriad ull need to get it made up as there is only oval, DTM and round now for the corrado

As for the blue leds everyone i know has done it themselves and a few write up of these around the place

as for the rear handles there of a pssat and ull also need the rear lock mechanism to fit it all done it on my mate corrado and it works a treat

Nice one bro, congrats!

seems like you got a nice car, will have to meetup soon now.. :D

BTW, get some pics up.. :D

hello Sanjay

Nice to hear you have got one finally.

I just got a new Exhaust for my car last week. You will need to get one made up as Alex said above.

I got mine from Powerflow made up for me and fitted. It sounds the tits !!!! So if you want twin exit then i would recommend powerflow to make em for you.

go to http://www.powerflow.uk.com

Powerflow is a good company to go to

I had mine built using powerflow and scorpion parts and it sounds great also its given the car a few more bhp ;-)

how long ago what that mate ? hows it going on the car ? does it still sound good ?

bally- still workin on gettin them pics up mate...by the end of the week you'll see some.

rob- how much was yours?? supersprint, jetex etc backboxes are around the £120-200 mark.

Does powerflow do a complete system then? whats it sound like...tinny? raspier? throaty? or proper nova boy loud as hell..

Which twin tailtipe design did you go for?

alex- which parts are scorpion on yours? and which are powerflows? i think i saw yours at the edition38 show...big oval straight tailpipe. Did you cut your bumper? sorry if i'm wrong.

hello there

well the silencers are power flow the rest pipes and exit trim is scorpion

if the car you look at had a white door in the boot to replace the damaged passenger yes then it was my car

rob ive had it since i nearly got the car so just under 4 years and things are cool just getting along and going to start to get the car ready for next year

to be honest it coulda been a white one with a scorpion on the tailpipe...not too sure :?

Bally, i've taken pics mate: watch this space...

rob- how much was yours?? supersprint, jetex etc backboxes are around the £120-200 mark.

Does powerflow do a complete system then? whats it sound like...tinny? raspier? throaty? or proper nova boy loud as hell..

Which twin tailtipe design did you go for?

I got mine last week for about £250. This was a center section and a rear box. I chose the 4" round pipe for mine to fit inbetween my rear spliter i have fitted. It looks cool.

Powerflow do a complete system, basically tell em what you want and they will do it for you...... However mad you want it lol

It sounds really good, like a deep sound and not at all tinny or Novaish lol even when you rev it right up still it sounds good :)

ok today i travelled oh say about 60miles to see a corrado from me.

its an indigo blue 1.8 16v

91k on the clock (no funny noises, and starter motor is new)

2 previous owners (one of them being an old guy)

no scratches! no dents! no rust

grey karmann interior, std tape unit!

lowered 40mm on BK racing wheels...near enough spotless.

engine has FSH and all MOT certificates along with all receipts for the following mods:

eyebrow spoiler, meshed grill, blue tinted bk lights.

the guy wants £2900...is it worth it??

Any help is appreciated and i'll say thanks now... :lol:

Bought my 2.0l 16v for 4090 It has 73 on the clock, FSH, Full electric pack & full leather interior. I reckon I spent a bit over the odds for it as there where a couple of things that neeeded doing to the tune of 200 quid.

Would personally save a bit more and get one with leather and full electrics and I only think that will be 300-500 quid more.

Also I dont know what everyone else thinks but it was 7 months before I bought mine. Got some buying tips off VWCCGB website if you want me to forward them to you?

Hope that helps

Or you could just say "f**k it" and buy it :wink:

Later

Buz

Buz my friend...your a bit late.

I bought this one saturday night...haven't looked back either.

Drives great and looks minted nearly...apart from a few distasteful mods.

thanks for the info though...i'll be after leathers next year i think. or xmas time if anyone has them in either grey or black.

they normally go for £200-400...and the mileage for my car is very low i though, and engine is spotless.

Pics of it can be seen in "MY NEW CORRADO!!!" topic in general chat section.

Thanks again!

Sanj.

Pics of it can be seen in "MY NEW CORRADO!!!" topic in general chat section.

Thanks again!

Sanj.

i've actually moved your "MY NEW CORRADO!!!" thread to the members gallery mate :wink: