Sign in to follow this  
VEEDUBBED

3 Bar map sensor..

Right peeps,who has installed a 3 Bar map sensor into the O/E Digifart 1 ECU?,like the 1's advertised on ebay for Calibra turbos and the like.

Will the sensor work with a stg5 SNS chip?,how does 1 fit the thing?,solder it?,does it fit within the housing?.

Any info helpfull,thanks.

You need a chip specially mapped for the new mapsensor. They are not all linear.

The fuelgrid in the ECU is 16x16. 16 rows for load (eg boost) and 16 coloumns for speed (eg rpm)

When changing to a 300mbar mapsensor you are changing the steps betwen the load sites from 12,5mbar to 18,75 mbar, which makes it harder to map some of the transitions

Why do you want to run a 300mbar mapsensor? Are you planning to run 2 bar boost?

Polo classic,cheers mate,much appriciated.

Basicly yeah i'm running a Garret T3/4 turbo again with an audi ext. wastegate in place of the G-charger,i used to run 1.8bar boost press. on my old golf 16valver turbo but that was using weber.marelli/IAW injection custom fitted,8 injectors,2 Map sensors etc.

I want to try and keep the g60's Digi 1 system because it has an ox. sensor and is O/E Vw,something very important here as any modifications carried out are not allowed and involve heavy fines...

Polo classic,cheers mate,much appriciated.

I'm running a Garret T3/4 turbo again with an audi ext. wastegate in place of the G-charger,i used to run 1.8bar boost press. on my old golf 16valver turbo but that was using weber.marelli/IAW injection custom fitted,8 injectors,cosworth type extra injector loom,Pectal board,2 Map sensors etc.

I want to try and keep the g60's Digi 1 system because it has an ox. sensor and is O/E Vw,something very important here as any modifications carried out are not allowed and involve heavy fines if the bill pull me and open the bonnet...

VEEDUBBED.

I am going to be running a BBM stage V chip on my car that is mapped for a 250 kpa map sensor, the stage 5 sns chip was mapped for a 200kpa map sensor.

my cars supercharger can put out 29 psi, proven on another corrado on streetfire and a 2.0L ABA golf (who then proceeded to blow his engine). I will be bleeding boost in excess of 23 psi for a while till I can drive the 1000 miles to atlanta and have them map me a 300 kpa system.

currently there are no 300 kpa chips available, as far as the guy on ebay screw him dont use that piece that he is selling (when they say 300kpa for G60, that bs). I have a 250 kpa map sensor left over here somewhere I will sell you, you could also go get one from a B5 passat TDI ECU.

mine is a motorola MPX4250 samg60 is running one in his car I think, with a 200 kpa ECU and it runs fine, I have the same setup right now till I get my new ECU. I have the wiring diagrams for an mpx4250 but the B5 passat is a straight swap pin for pin.

yes it fits the housing and you just have to keep the hose length the same.

if you want to map a 300 kpa map sensor for a turbo you should talk to SNS about a mapping session because my map is gonna be quite a bit different than a turbo map.

Eiptuning has a G60 turbo Rom but I dont think it goes past 14.5 psi like all G60 maps. 250 kpa is the way to go until people get their act together... =-/

Exellent Potato,strange thing that you mention the Passat TDI has a 2.5Bar absolute sensor because i was fiddling around with an '94 Vw golf 3 tdi's ECU the other day and the dam thing only had a Bosch 2 bar sensor fitted,identical to the G60's version!...go figure..

2.0L 4-cylinder turbodiesel, which develops 134hp and 247 lb-ft of torque

instead of the old 1.9, it had less boost and way less hp & torque =-)