Sign in to follow this  
VEEDUBBED

G-charger's oil supply..

Right peeps this tops it all,around three months ago i was repairing my G60 charged 2.0 valver 'cos an oil press. switch was leaking,the white 1 on top of the oil filter housing.

I've been using the car ever since untill recently when me and my dad,who also uses my car alot,noticed that the car's preformance was'nt like before,it had lost it's edge and was slightly noisier.

Yes peeps,you've guessed it!!,VEEDUBBED had forgotton to re-attach the fuc%ing charger's oil supply line and have run like it ever since...

How the hell the charger did'nt sieze is beyond me,the boost press. is also 0.6 Bar,like always and looking inside the charger from the exit side i can see a light film of clean engine oil coating the insides!!.

Sods law i suppose,people suffer the cost of broken cog belts,exploding displacers,cracked housings etc,i starve the thing of oil for months and the BLOODY thing STILL works.

WOW :shock:

Can't believe it survuved that amount of time without popping!! I'd buy a lottery ticket if I was you - your a lucky man!

Question is... what damage did the lengthy period without an oil feed do to the charger..... just because it still works doesn't mean it'll be happy without a rebuild.

Good damm question,i've got the charger sitting on the garage floor,bone dry inside the oil ways in and outlets and no oil on the floor(it's been standing 4 days with the oil inlet facing down).

I'm lucky that i'm in the process of re-fitting my turbocharger in place of the G-charger so i don't need it and i've got another spare charger aswell, question that springs to mind is how come the bearings did'nt seize???

Waste of a perfect G-charger AND my fault...

A similar situation happened to a friend of mine on his Polo G40.

He attached the oil feed pipe into the wrong hole.

He run the charger for about 4000km when he started to hear a strange noise from the charger.

I did a complete rebuild for him, it´s amazing how the charger didn´t got damaged.

It would get damaged if he didn´t stop driving the car, as the noise that he was hearing was the displacer bearing completly sized and worn out!