Sign in to follow this  
jenks

Any1 have stripped rear seats and running false floor?

Going to post some pics up once sorted, as mine nearly done but have been on Hols for a few weeks.

Just a quickie:-

Neil - How did you tidy up your wires? Where did you put them out of the way? As I've still got a few to the tank, rear washer, etc that make it all look a bit untidy? Also, how did you get on with the rear strut? :?

well i got white electrical tape and taped them all up as i was spraying it all anyway, so they are now alpine white.

the two wires that go to your ABS sensors, i unplugged them and re-routed them to the left in that picture, i tucked the rear speaker wires under the carpet behind the seats.

i would of liked to put the wires in the gapin the pannels betwen the body and the inner car, but that would of meant unplugging everything and i couldnt be bothered.

I got the strut brace for £70 delivered off a guy n ED38. Its great, easy to install. not sure about the handling yet, need new tyres so i can give it a good run.

heres some more pics so you can see what i did with the wires..

24032008431.jpg

24032008430.jpg

24032008432.jpg

24032008427.jpg

and the strut..

DSC01970.jpg

DSC01971.jpg

AWESOME colour choice! I have a Mk2 Golf C in Alpine White and loved it to bits!

looks really tidy Neil, good effort. Wish I was half as good with paint! :sad:

Cheers Neil for the info on the wires and the pics.

Never realised the different floorpan layout before the photo's!

Let us know how you get on with the strut brace. :)

And as boost monkey says, congrats on the spraying.

Finally got my finger out and took some pics:-

ETKA Corrado.pdfBootFFboxshelf.JPG[/attachment:3cf556qr]

With Shelf removed:-

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfBootFFboxminusshelf.JPG[/attachment:3cf556qr]

Ordered one of these from my local Halfrauds so I can just whip out the shelf when needed, called a bannana connector for some reason, but cost £20, which I thought was a bit steep for a fancy male/female connector.

Corrado92.pdfBananaConnector.JPG[/attachment:3cf556qr]

Trip to local B&Q for some MDF, acoustic carpet off of Ebay, a few holes with plastic gaurds to provide some ventilation for the amp underneath and alot of patience:-

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfBootFFTopDownLong.JPG[/attachment:3cf556qr]

Put Disc Changer under one panel and amp on the other side, not pretty but it works and stops in place.

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfBootFFDiscChanger.JPG[/attachment:3cf556qr]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfBootFFConsoleEnd.JPG[/attachment:3cf556qr]

Not sure what to do about the centre plastic trim between the front seats, thinking of removing the lot, but not sure what lies beneath? :scratch: Anyone got any pics?

Its not perfect or show standard, but practical at the moment, as I wanted to keep the bass box, 6x9's, and also to be able to put the back seats in without too much hassle, so all the brackets, bolt holes, weren't removed or filled. Would like to eventually put the bass speaker in a better box to put in the recess between the strut and rear light cluster, such as one by Audioscape but the cost at the moment is out of my budget, so may DIY it at some point.

BootFFPassengerSidewithbox.JPG[/attachment:3cf556qr]

Only problem now is that the girlfriend keeps finding shopping and stuff to fill it up with! :(

Got the supercharged mat from JustMatz at GTi International a few years back, good quality and lasted with all kinds of crap getting spilt on it. They are shaped for individual VW models. Although can never make my mind up if the 'Supercharged' lettering should be the other way round?! :?

They are on 'tinternet' and can deliver, but they are usually at most of the shows to save on postage.