Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

Sticking Accelerator Pedal! ETKA part no.Request please.

Hi all as you know this is quite dangerous! and i am quite worried about this does anyone know how to cure it?

Basically problem is its not releasing itself fully! i have to get my foot under and pull it back up at times!

Thanks in advance Andy

p.s seems like everythings going wrong at once! lol!

Jees man! not having the best of times with it are ya! if its any consolation it looked awesome saturday!!

Best of luck getting it all sorted, will be a great motor and will be worth the effort im sure!

oh yeah, Cant help with the sticking pedal!

does it feel ok if you manual move linkage on the throttlebody? cable to tight?

I had the throttlestop vibrate loose once causing the pedal to stick

yeah me and the old man thought it was the throttle body linkage so we eased it with a bit of wd40! seemed to be better but the pedal is definately not getting released fully quite dangerous aide nearly went in to the back of a white 106 in lake last night!

when you mean cable to tight do you mean that metal clip that lets you adjust it being to tight!

Just buy a new throttle cable from VW. Its not mega bucks and it is the only way to cure this. The cable runs in a plastic tube from the pedal into the engine bay and over time it just gets dirty / jammed up and causes the problem you describe. There is no way to take that apart / lube it - and fitting a new one is a 20 minute job.

You need the new cable (make sure its the right one for a G60 - the pedal end of the cable has like a hook on it) and get a repacement rubber gromit for the pedal also (you'll see when you get down there or get it exploded on ETKA)

You'd be surprised how it changes the way the car behaves with a new throttle cable, especially when your old one was as knacked as yours sounds..

Interesting thread, was going to ask a similar question about mine. I'm finding that my C is very jumpy (after taking foot off the clutch) and trying to creep along in first gear. It's fine if I put my foot down on the accelerator to speed up, but just touching it lightly and it kangaroos all over - very embarrassing - people must think I can't drive :oops:

Thinking now that my best bet would be to replace the throttle cable. Is this easy to do?

thats your idle kerrin domt think thats due to your pedal but it may be!

hi all quick request ive just ordered a new throttle cable from local stealers £23 with vat i think he said can anyone do a quick etka check please so i can check if i have the rite one also has anyone brought one recently to compare price?

Jim ive ordered the rubber grommet under the pedal too that you have spoke about! can i pick your brain again and ask if theres any things i need to chek for when fitting? can i literally just follow the cable back!

Cheers Andy

thats your idle kerrin domt think thats due to your pedal but it may be!

Car moves along fine if I take my foot off the accelerator, it's only when I press down on it lightly that it starts to surge!

No problem Andy. Glad I picked up on this topic of yours, as it was really starting to bug me on Monday, as it took me about 30 - 40 mins trying to get through Hindhead creeping along in very slow moving traffic!

People must have thought I was a right pleb that couldn't drive!