Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

Will 8v GTI vernier pulley fit g60 cam

Toothed kit looks great but i dont have a belt for it.

Would be nice to fit it next thursday on my day off! Hope you get somewhere with your car tonight,i can pop over sunday if not

Yes the 8v vernier cam pulley is the same as the g60 one so it will fit with no problems ? Are you running an aftermarket cam ?

If you are having problems setting up your cam timing and you have someone there can can help you set the bvernier up then i would say yes. Vernier pulleys come into there own when you need that 1/2 tooth adjustment, I would proberly sugest you get the car back up and running correctly first though before adding another problem into the equation.

having fitted one to my G60 and having had all sorts of entertainment getting the sodding thing to work with it after fitting the new head, I agree 100000% with daz's post above... get the engine running spot on, then add the vernier into the equation and get it set up by someone who knows what they're doing... It allowed Wayne to get mine from being 240bhp upto the max of 252 we got out of her on the rollers, so definately worth getting one if you've got a hotter cam in your engine.... 8)