Sign in to follow this  
flusted

G60 CO POT

I think my co pot is iffy, sometimes when checked from pin 2 and 3 with a multimeter, i get a reading showing its working,but its very tempramental :roll:

At what point does the ecu look at the co pot? Is it all the time, or just on throttle?

Seems it doesnt make a difference with the co pot plugged in or not,and if i light throttle it, it seems to drive fine?

If i drive it hard it bogs big time

Interested to find out exactly what this thing does

Cheers

adie

i thought your meant to check between the outer pins?? 1 & 3?

speaking of readings i have just checked mine... from what i can tell the resistance was set at 1100 ohms on the Co-pot! now afaik thats too lean??

It should be 500 - 600 ohms shouldnt it??

yeah... hmm..

I did notice on my mot that the CO level was low something like 0.09%

afaik most cat equipped cars are setup to run at 1.5%??

I mean i may be completely wrong but i dont know.. i even checked the BTS which should be no more than 260ohms with the fan on and that was smack on...

When i adjusted the Co-pot down to 600 ohms the idle had now increased to 1200 rpms... so this needed to be setup again aswell

what happened when you put it down to 600 i think it has been set higher for a reason i may be wrong but i think it helps with fuelling

hopefully darren can explain what it should be and what it does!

im also hoping my engine problem is something to do with my blue temp sensor hopefully will check tomorrow morning

Well if 2 cars have been set at 1100 odd ohms there must be a reason for it??

I got my info from a pitstop developments checklist guide, that steve made up a while back.. it says the CO pot should be set at 500 - 600 ohms...

measure between the 2 outer pins and then set the co pot by adjusting the screw.

500ohms is just a guide,the lower the number the rivher and visa versa

if you measure across pin 2 and 3,then blow across the co pot, you should see the numbers change

yeah! mine was on 431 factory set when i cut top off to reveal screw.

Yours might need to be on that due to the red tops? same as andys running porsche fpr

yeah thats what i mean... i dont know what it should be... then again i seem to remember hennys car being set a similar setting of 550 ohms?? and his certainly isnt standard!

just checked a set up list steve gave me when i was down there. CO pot 580ohms and BTS 220ohms. i've got standard injectors though. not sure if it alters anything?

the plot thickens! i wonder if im running a sns chip ment for red tops but without the red tops! all it says is stage 5 on it? guna fit standard chip in a minute

Just took the car out... upon looking at my afr gauge it was running mega rich all the time... so i went home and put it back to what it was... :)

so then daz.. :) has the co-pot gotta be set at 500-600ohms or are they set correctly on the wideband lambda??

so then daz.. :) has the co-pot gotta be set at 500-600ohms or are they set correctly on the wideband lambda??

Not on yrs mike as you have a custom map.

good good... will leave well alone then! 8) i ve made a note of what its set at now so will go by that from now on.