Sign in to follow this  
Neil English

retrimming doorcards in leather?

Right, Ive got a set of doorcards and Ive got the leather, how much do you reckon it would cost for me to get these retrimmed? And does anybody know where? Im in Hertfordshire - Stevenage.

Thanks in advance. :D

I used to trim interiors for Toyota and the principle in re-trimming door cards is extremely straight forward!

I will be taking mine off this weekend so I will let you know whats involved!

Fred.

I used to trim interiors for Toyota and the principle in re-trimming door cards is extremely straight forward!

Fred.

Cheers, would be much appreciated!

I got a quote for trimming just my rear doorcards with leather, that I would be supplying and they wanted to charge me 90 pounds!

Fred.

Did you have a go?

Hi yeh, took the door cards off. 90 pounds is alot for around 20 mins work. Its quite hard to describe how to do re-trimming how ever its easy in principle if that makes sense.

If you can hang on 2 or 3 months I will be doing a whole interior re-trim on my VR and Il most probs take photos and write a guide however until I do mine I wouldn't like to say what needs doing to yours (don't want to give out the wrong advice and it doesn't look 100%). If you can hang on I will be able to inform you all... Up yo you?

Fred.

Hi yeh, took the door cards off. 90 pounds is alot for around 20 mins work. Its quite hard to describe how to do re-trimming how ever its easy in principle if that makes sense.

If you can hang on 2 or 3 months I will be doing a whole interior re-trim on my VR and Il most probs take photos and write a guide however until I do mine I wouldn't like to say what needs doing to yours (don't want to give out the wrong advice and it doesn't look 100%). If you can hang on I will be able to inform you all... Up yo you?

Fred.

Im in no rush :)

I'm also interested in this. I just want to do something with the fabric bit on the cards as it's getting a but 'tired'. Can't justify sending them off to MJ due to the cost and it doesn't look like it would be too difficult, just need to know some tips on how avoid creases.

Probably a few beers in it if you can do a 'How to..' guide.

Ok thats cool. A mate and myself will be doing two sets over the winter when we get bored! lol.

I will take some photos and write up some tips.

Does anyone know a CHEAP place to get a GOOD quality kit?

That might also offer discount if we buy 2 kits?

Cheers

Fred