Sign in to follow this  
HVB G60

RS301's and Brembo calipers

I've bought a brand new set of BBS RS301's, for me they're the ultimate rim for a classic like the Corrado, so I won't be changing to any other set. They'll be mounted after the winter, for now I'll be using my old rims.

For now I've got a set of 312mm TT-brakes. The performance is sufficient, although they feel a little vague when it comes to when they are about to lock-up the wheel. And obviously they can't match the looks of the Brembo calipers. I'll still be using the TT-discs.

My question is simple; will I be able to fit the Brembo GT Junior (the ones from the Ibiza Cupra) behind these wheels? I know there are a lot of people on this forum who drive those wheels, so there probably are some people able to tell if I can mount them in combination with these calipers.

Unfortunately they don't list the RS's anywhere.

Anyone who has actually tried this combination and can tell me first-hand if they fit or not?

Yes you can fit the brembos behind the 301's with no problem. Its bloody close though ill find you a picture of some fitted.

I would be very greatful if you could find me a picture, or perhaps even get me the contact details for the owner, so that I can get the specs for the brake setup.

If you go to Brembo's website, you can download and print a template that you can cut and place behind the wheel to check caliper clearance.

Thanks G-man. I already thought he must have done it through redrilling an original Ibi disc, otherwise they simply don't clear enough. Thanks mate!