Sign in to follow this  
flusted

MK1 G60 CONVERSION

Ive just been offered a golf mk1 gti.

My corrado has got a few issues which are annoying me so im tempted to pull the engine out and plonk in the mk1.

I know its guna be a big challenge, but can anyone give me any ideas of whats involved?

Things im puzzled on would be fuel pump? and engine wiring?

Could i fit my complete rado loom in it?

Should i use cable change?

If you're gonna do it, use the GTI K-Jetronic fuel pump as it's more than man enough for the job (if it's a new one! original ones will be well weak by now!)

Wiring can be a bit of a nightmare depending on how early a MKI it is... if it's a later one with blade fuses instead of bullets, then it's a bit easier and you can get conversion looms which plug into the existing fusebox to connect to the G60 engine loom...

Personally, I'd sell the 'rado and source a G60 engine/box for the MKI instead of breaking a good 'rado, but that's just me...

Worst thing about MKIs is that you have to lift the car on to/off from the engine so test fitting and the like can be a bit of a pig... (I built a MKI 16V so know what an arse they can be to work on! )