Sign in to follow this  
ross.taylor

How low?

A while ago I decided to change the springs on my VR6 as I discovered that the springs and shocks fitted to it were 16V ones. I was informed that the shocks would be fine, but the springs would be to soft as the VR6 is heavier. So I bought a set of SPAX VR6 lowering springs. They only do one set for a VR6 which are rated at 40mm drop. The part numbers on the springs matched those on the SPAX site.

However, I'm convinced that the car is lower than 40mm dropped. It looks more like 60mm to me. I have 17" wheels with 205/40/17 tyres. The rear tyres are virtually up in the arch when the car is parked.

The shocks are non adjustable Weitec, which I'm also pretty sure are rated at 40mm drop. Does anyone know whats going on? Can I raise the ride height without buying new shocks or springs? All I'm after is a genuine 40mm drop.

I hade the same problems with replacement springs..... they always seem to go a little lower. Mine were meant to be 40 but caused lots of issues and soon came off to be replaced by something a little better.

If you can find a part numer of the Weitec shocks that would be good... as they might not be what you think.