Sign in to follow this  
insomniak

water leak

Got to my car a lunch time only to find a puddle of water under the car..

Only thing that I can see is a leak from where the rad hose connects to the front of the engine block. Cannot see for sure where it is comming from. What is this called?? can it be replaced?? and finally could this be anything more serious?? will take a picture and upload it later..

Sorry - off topic, but do you live down south?

Think you followed me to Douglas a few weeks back if so .... Car's looking good as well if it's you.

yeah that was me. would have kept up if it was for that car turning in to the cattery. one thing. I WANT a supercharger lol... AA came to look at the car. he thinks its the thermostat housing or the seal. Said to get it pressure tested just to be on the safe side incase its more seroius - ie gasget. suggested M & K. used them on my Golf Gti Mk2 did a good job too. There a guy from corkills working there- so could be worth a visit.

I actually bought the whole shebang to replace the stat and housing, then found out it had been replaced already, so if you need the parts give us a shout!