Sign in to follow this  
chef

KR pulleys

Hello people :)

....just a quickie,the crankshaft pulley's on my 16v seem to be out of true,ie off centre when looking from both above and side on,they've been off,cleaned and put back on twice now,and replaced with another set from a scrap KR,but to no avail.....can't get my head round it,if it was the crank that was out of line or bent then surely it'd knock like mad.....it does'nt!,and as the pulleys can only bolt on in one orientation that can't be wrong either.

...any suggestions??....is this common?,i've done a search....but can't find owt.

..all thoughts gratefully received :roll:

The pulley on the crank can fit on in 4 different positions,there's a small raised dimple on the cranksproket that has to ingauge with the small hole on the pulley otherwise it will wobble,go and double check as this may be the problem.

See what you mean....but can't be that.....the pulleys will only bolt on one way as the bolts are offset,the dimple actually sits in a slight elongation of one of the bolt holes,but the pulleys will only bolt on in one orientation out of the potential four,and i'm 100% it's right ....which is why it's got me puzzled!!

.....can the pulleys warp?....and if so,is this so common that i've managed to find a KR lump that i took the replacement pulleys off with the same problem?

....just does'nt make sense.Can i swap to the 9a set-up?,sure i've read that it's possible,and if so what do i need?.....though to be honest if i found a 9a to rob the pulleys off,i reckon i'd be just putting the entire bottom end in! :wink: