Sign in to follow this  
HarleyGirl

Removing Door Cards - How To?

Had my Corrado a week! and want to start upgrading the sounds. Are there any guides on here how to remove the door cards to replace the front speakers. I don't want to break any clips etc... Thanx.

Pop the cover off the pull handles and remove the 2 big screws, there's also a couple of little screws in the 'front' edge near the hinges. (fiddly to get at) and in the 'rear' edge by the locks.

Unscrew the pop up button, slide the door pull surround off.... err.... pull the mirror control button off and carefully lift the card up to remove off the clips that hold it on at the bottom.

Not sure about the leccy window switches, mine's an early windy handle version.

have I missed anything?? :scratch:

Edit: Or, you could just look at that thread. :lol:

leccy window switches just pop out of the card. Just gently lever them with a flathead screwdriver from the top edge :wink:

the switches dont nee to be removed, just unclip the plugs from behind.

I upgraded my sounds aswell, and its pretty easy tbh. Only thing stopping you is about 6 screws.

when i removed door cards on my C some one had tryed before, i mean tryed to ripp them off by the looks of it, some ppl need to just stay way from so say fixing there cars .

dimwits

2.0 16v one, love it mate, running sweet at the moment just had her seviced got to clean her tho but it keeps raining.

Mines a very tidy 16v in Dragon Green - a one owner low miles and bulk standard. I'm not going to do too much to it, need to put some decent music in it and I do think the wheels look a bit lost under the arches! Unfortunately!! the previous owner has recently put 4 new tyres on it! which lessens my arguements for changing the wheels right now!. First job will be to lavish it with Swissol.

Sounds awesome. Not many 1 owner low milers left now. Got standard wheels on mine which i think will look cool in a retro kinda way when refurbished. Then maybe a subtle drop of 20mm to reduce the arch gap and away i go lol!!

Anyway, i digress of topic :) Happy polishing and motoring!