Sign in to follow this  
johnemerson38

dashswap

hi i am really new on here might be swaping my mk3 golf syncro for a corrado but i dont like the dash looks really dated just wanted to no is there any good dashs what can fit ans any chance of some pics

There are a few options but none of them are easy.

Have a peep at Jay Renshaws old R32 Corrado with the TT dash, its the business.

Id imagine a MK3 golf one could be persuaded to go in.

i was thinking about how nice a mk3 golf one would look has anyone got any pics also what steering wheels fit eg would my one off my golf fit its just the standard airbag one not bothered about the airbag not working thanks

i dont no just i have seen some with old heater controls and it looks so bad makes the car look so dated and i would love a mk3 dash instead how are do you think it would be to get it fitted

just i might be swaping my mk3 golf syncro for a corrado but its a mate and he is just using the 4wd off the car thats all at his garage so time aint the problem so it would fit also what about the steering wheel would the golf one fit

i dont no just i have seen some with old heater controls and it looks so bad makes the car look so dated and i would love a mk3 dash instead how are do you think it would be to get it fitted

if you go for a late 92 onwards one(mostly K-plates >) you should get the later rotary heater controls and updated switchgear which makes the dash look that little bit more modern

they are both vr6 so i am ok with the engine and that just never owned a c before so just wanted to no if there are any common faults like sunroof seal and stuff like that.and why cant i find any crystal indecators and fogs thanks

Ive never owned a VR6 but just look out for obvious things, rust (sills, Boot, Fuel neck) electrics work like the spoiler, any dampness inside or windows fogging up when you put the heater on (heater matrix).

where abouts in Manchester are you mate

If its a vr6 then it'll more than likely have the later style dash in, which i think is similar to the mk3 golf dash ie. more modern / smoother.

Although i'm sure there are a few people who have vr's with the early style interior, but i dont think there are many.

You could update the look of the earlier dash by upgrading dials/stereo etc also.

Always make sure the brakes and suspension are up to sctratch before doing the power....

I'd start with replacing things that are old and liekly to fail (temp senders, old belts, etc...) then looks at the brakes / suspension. Better to have a solida base for future work.