Sign in to follow this  
seven five

VR6 Wiring diagram

Hello,

I'm swapping the interior from a vr6 into my g60. I need to rewire the electric window switches, mirror switch and eventually the dash switches into the early loom.

I've done a seach and found some stuff on the wiki for the electric mirrors but not enough information.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a vr6 wiring diagram (I already have one for the g60) so that I can make up my own conversion looms for the new switches?

It needs to list the pins on the actual switches and include all the connections to the fuse box.

There are a few floating around on the web claiming to be for a 94 corrado but are for the early interior

You could try getting hold of an electronic copy of the bentley manual, not sure if it covers it in enough detail though..

DaveVR6 and VR6, thanks, the way things are going with my g60, the bentley book might be a sound investment. :oops: I've seen a few of the pdf versions of the manual on ebay, I'm trying to persuade one of the sellers to confirm the level of detail.

mrbeige, thanks for that. I have that one already and the '94 one and it's part of my confusion with this issue. On the last page in '93 one, it has the power mirror circuit and lists the switch as having six terminals. But the late interior mirror switch has 8 terminals, the early switch has 6. Was there a different changeover year in the states?

i have a bentley in paper back . what you looking for ? will email you scan coppy if you want ? as many details as you can give me will help me find the correct diagrams .

not a problem . i.ve had help of people on this site befor . so i don't mind giving help back . i'm a bit of a softy for corrados

trevor: Thanks again for all your help, I think I saw that knowledge base article previously but will look again.

Bigpants Baby: Thanks, but I don't need them.

Thanks to Trevor I now have all the wiring diagrams needed to convert early door wiring to late model switches for mirror and electric windows.

I will post the relevant connection details when I've finished testing.

Hey trevor.

I am having problems wiring my radio. I removed the radio and the wiring behind it was a cluster **** so I cut all the wires that are connected to the wiring harness of the radio. I reinstalled everything and it seemed to work fine until I turned on the lights weird I know. I dont understand everytime I touch the lights the radio shuts off. The car also runs like **** now like some of the wires that I cut controled the fuel or something cause it seems to be running really rich and stalls out all the time now it never did that until I try to install the new stereo. Does anyone have and ideas or a wiring diagram of the 94 vr6 corrado or know a place online I can get a free diagram?

sounds baaaad . i think you may need to take every thing back out and have a good look . when you say that you cut it out ? did you cut the wires out ? did the previous owner do the damage ? what year is the car?

I cut out the wires connected to the radio wiring harness but the wiring was all messed up before I even got close to the car. Its a '94 vr6 corrado its a really nice car but the wiring is atroucious. I am trying to find a wiring diagram to see if I can make sense of it. Any help would be appreciated.

best audio . is started fresh . don't use any of the vw wiring . run new speaker cable back to the radio . take two live feeds . one switched from the black running to the key switch . one unswitched live from the red in the same location remember to fit a fuse in line with both and pick up an earth from the body or brown . do you have a din type loom for the radio

I finally got around to starting the re-wiring. I did the easy job first, the window mirrors, most of this is in the knowledge base but I've included the descriptions based on my understanding of the circuit diagram, this explains why the particular wires go to particular terminals and will help if you ever need to troublshoot or make a loom to convert from late wiring to early interior:

for RHD corrado

old

terminal colour description

1 brown power to clutches

2 black "-ve from motors"

3 blue/red power to passenger mirror motor

4 blue power to driver mirror motor

5 black/yellow power from fuse 14

6 white "-ve from clutches/heat element"

Note - wire colours taken from my car '91 G60

new

termnal colour description

1 white "-ve from clutches

2 black/white power to passenger mirror motor

3 brown power to clutches

4 no connection

5 blue "-ve from motors"

6 black/yellow power from fuse 14

7 black/blue power from fuse 14 for illumination

8 black power to driver mirror motor

note - wire colours taken from bentley diagram.

If I've made any mistakes in my understanding of this, please let me know.

Also with regards to the mirrors working back to front, the knowledge base article says "... the only way to correct it is to reverse the polarity at the motors(swop two wires over)..." - this is not entirely true.

The mirrors connect to the door looms via two 3 pin connectors, one black and one white. I found that the black one carries power to the motors and you can reverse the connections here so that the mirrors work correctly, rather than taking apart the mirrors. You need to take off the door cards to find these connectors, on my car they were near the electric window motor.

On my car:

The drivers door, swap the blue and black wires on the black plug, i.e. originally blue goes to blue and black goes to black, so connect blue to black, and black to blue. This'll make perfect sense when you see the plug.

On the passenger door. connect the black wire (door loom) to the red wire on the mirror loom and the green wire to the black.

On both doors the leave the third connection (brown on drivers, brown and brown/white on passenger).

note to do this, you'll have to either replace the existing plugs, remove the plugs and solder the wires or (like me) take apart the existing plug and put it back together with the wires reversed.

My mirrors work correctly. Will tackle the electric window switches next...

Right guys need some help.

I used the info below to convert from an early vr interior to a late vr interior. the wires on the respective looms were the colours detailed above.

Could someone let me know if how i have used the info is wrong, i wired the early loom to late switch as below.

early to late

brown to brown

black to blue

blue/red to black/white

blue to black

black/yellow to black/yellow +black/blue

white to white

any help at all will be welcome as this is doing my nut in and i've got through a heap of fuses,

Cheers

Dan

:D ......... same here ... i was just trying to sort this conversion from early loom to late switches, i did make note of a listing of wires that was documented in the knowledge base sometime ago that have to be connected / ignored and not a lot happened :( ... with so many other things needing doing i left it for later ... now is the time to spend a bit of time sorting it :)

Dan_NI, it's been a while since I wrote that, I've had the interior out twice since and the mirrors still work correctly, so either your wiring is different from mine ('91 g60) or I made a mistake in the info. If it doesn't rain this evening I will check the connections on my switch and let you know

I can't believe it isn't raining! Anyway, had a look, I used soldered insulated spade connectors plugged directly on to the switch terminal when I did this last.

Using the actual terminal numbers on the inside of the switch my car has

Term Colour on original g60 loom

1 white

2 blue/red

3 brown

5 black

6 black yellow

8 blue

or using the colours I originally listed

white to white

blue/red to black/white

brown to brown

black to blue

black yellow to black yellow

blue to black

My mirrors work perfectly...BUT...I've just noticed that I didn't have pin 7 (illumination - black/yellow to black/blue in my original post) connected. Thing is I can't remember why. On one hand this explains why I noticed the other night that my switch didn't light up(!) but is also the only difference between what you did and what I did. Try disconnecting it. If it works let me know and I'll correct my original post/find another way of powering the illumination circuit.

Hope that helps

no luck starting to think the switch itself is bust, if i remember right it was working when i took it out though. its driving me mad at the minute.