Sign in to follow this  
veedub

Lost my locking wheelnut key!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well i'm mid way through refurbishing my Estorils, so I thought as the sun is shining I'll fit the two wheels i'v finished. Then, Disaster! Iv lost my f*cking locking wheelnut key!! :mad: In disbelief I turned the car, my house and my shed inside out looking for the little fecker with no luck!!

So I have spent the last 3 hours Drilling, Hammering, Swearing, Chiseling, Swearing and Drilling till eventually I got the bas*ards off! What A nightmare of a job!

I hit my hand 3 time with a lump hammer, knackered a set of drillbits and im now left with 3 wheelnuts on each wheel!! :p

Moral of the storey: Keep your locking wheelnut key safe!!

On the other hand the 2 Estorils I have finished look excellent!! 8)

Hate to give advice after you've sweated blood to get the locking bolts off, but just in case it happens again to you or anyone else - try hammering a slightly undersize socket onto it or buy a gator grip which is a socket with pins inside which extend and or retract to fit a nut of any size. HTH

Hate to give advice after you've sweated blood to get the locking bolts off, but just in case it happens again to you or anyone else - try hammering a slightly undersize socket onto it or buy a gator grip which is a socket with pins inside which extend and or retract to fit a nut of any size. HTH

Dint think of that! Too late now!

Happy days, just found a set of locking nuts in my garage, saved me £40!!

Did you ever get the 13's on?

Could only get them on the back, the front ones wouldnt fit over the calipers! :lol:

bristolbaron, I dont trust the local tyre fitting monkies around here, especially when its a job I can do myself (albeit with blood, sweat and tears!)