Sign in to follow this  
mtc R32

How thin can I go.... ???

Ok just a quicky guys....

Got Porsche D90's 8J all round on my VR6....

I've got 22mm adapters....

How thin can I machine these down to, without me causing inner issues, like catching the inner rear beams... also front and rear Coilovers etc....

Getting these done but don't know how far I can go... I'm having problems with the tyres catching the arch lips all round... I am low but want to go that little bit more..

Cheers

Blimmey mtc r32, how much lower do you want to go!

Did you get your timing chain done OK?

Can you get your C on a ramp and have a good look at the clearance. I would guess that with coilovers your pretty close anyway.

Blimmey mtc r32, how much lower do you want to go!

Did you get your timing chain done OK?

Can you get your C on a ramp and have a good look at the clearance. I would guess that with coilovers your pretty close anyway.

Alright Dave....

Nah, I'm just toying with the idea of getting the chains done... They don't need doing yet but, I'm just a perfectionist and want things 100%..:lol:

You still up for doing it along with a turbo install... :)

TBH even if I don't go any lower... :wink: I just want that little more clearance so having the adapters machined down... about 5mm

I'm thinking of doing my chains / tensioner when the head comes off for the compression lowering gasket, so I'll let you know how I get on! Oh and a clutch too!

Take the spacers down a bit at a time and you'll be fine. As my engineering teacher used to say 'It's easy to take it off but you can't put it back on'.

I know a man with a lathe. If that's any good to you?

Ive taking my ally H&R adapters down to 19mm (orig 25mm) and had no problems so far... if you have ally adapters i would also be tempted to helicoil the thread so that you dont strip the threads on the thinner material...

5mm may not sound like alot but the difference is more obvious when the wheels are on the car and it makes quite a bit of difference to the look if done correcty.

Cheers Mike....

My only concern was the front freally as I know the wheels are close to the Coilover as it is, but that is with the cambre in at the top :)