Sign in to follow this  
smiffyraf1

Jom de-badged Grill fitting

hi guys have just received my jom debadged grill that i got off ebay, looks ok the fit isnt too bad but was wondering how to secure it comes with two big rubber washers and two long screws, where do these go? also it doesnt wrap around the headlights was thinkig af bending it with boiling water but wanted to check what you lot did first. thanks in advance!

I got a JOM eyebrow grill and i used the rubber washers under the top 2 tabs (mines early) and the screws go through the plastic tabs and the washer and into the slam panel. The top tabs and slam panel needed pilot holes drilling and i used a blob of grease on the threads to keep the rust away.

Once the middle of the grill was properly secured the eyebrow held itself in place after i tucked it in behind the leading edge of the wings.

I think _Tony_ has got the right idea!! I bought one recently but haven't fitted it yet. But I was told to put the rubber under the top mounts and drill and screw it into the slam panel. Also you can put a couple of small self tapping screws on the edges so they go into the lights if it flies up too much. And to bend the corners so they fit better, don't use boiling water, gently heat the plastic with a hair drier or heat gun and bend them slightly to get a perfect fit.