Sign in to follow this  
JIMMI

Disassembling VR6 front hubs & driveshafts

Need a bit of help guys, i need to strip the front hubs & driveshafts from my car, ive got the hubs pretty bare and disconnected from the shocks & bottom arms the only things that is still on them are the driveshafts the big 30mm huts on the end of them are off but i still cannot get the driveshaft out of the hub, i dont want to whach them too hard incase i mash the threads.

So am i doing something wrong or am i being a pussy & not hitting it hard enough??????????????

Jimmi.......................................

Wack harder....

That's my bet. Try leaving some WD 40 to soak into the splines overnight, that'd help.

As above whack harder, get something to hit that goes into a point so it stays in position when hitting or if your worried about smashing the thread put the nut back on a little then get something that just fits in the hole of nut and whack it...If worst comes to worst and it still doesnt move then try to heat the area in question then whack it!! That should work, be careful though and dont whack the hammer on your own hand! Blurdy hurts!

You should brace the hub carrier before whacking away otherwise it will just move with the shaft! But if you are taking the driveshafts off anyway then do that with the carrier on and then it's easier to seperate.