Sign in to follow this  
VEEDUBBED

Turbo boost press.

Right guys i've got a strange problem.

I've finished the turbo on my corrado but i've only got 0.4 boost pressure showing on the boost gauge,i've checked the obvious such as pipe leaks,burst hoses,loose clamps etc.

My cars fitted with a garret T3/4 .60.48 turbo which is well man enough to spit out 2 Bar if needed,and as it was running 1.5bar constant on my old Golf valver i know it's ok.

I've pressure tested the inlet tract and found no leaks,i've also sprayed shaving foam around my adapted manifold joints,injector 'o'-rings,nothing.

The engine's idle is rock steady,it pulls no problem to 0.4Bar but that's it.

I'm even running with the Audi external wastegate's boost pipe disconnected so in theory it should boost into oblivion,nope,still 0.4Bar.

Baily diaphram dump valve works fine,by the way,when trying to adjust the wastegate by using it's small allen key screw nothing happens.

Turbine blades are all fine,as are the comp. side blades,air filter's fine,brand new and huge(500+ BHP..),exhaust pipe diameter is 2/3,4 inch jobbie BUT i'm having to run the O/E 16v exhaust system because if i get pulled you know...

I don't think it's the exhaust getting choked up because i was running it when it was a G60-16v and the comp. still put out 0.7Bar boost.

Lastly,i've got a modded KR exhaust cam fitted but as before it's been fitted since it was supercharged.

Sorry for the long post guys but i'm stumped,any suggestions are most welcome.