Sign in to follow this  
MurphG60

Rear Brakes....?

Hey Guys/Girls

Im looking to upgrade my rear brakes before my MOT next year so was wondering whats the best option to go for???

Im getting Brembo 4 Pot calipers and 305mm discs for the front next week so their sorted...

Any ideas are welcome??

Thanks James

I think most people feel that OE discs and the MK4 rear calliper upgrade is more than you'll ever need really! Certainly thats what I plan to do when money allows as my rear calipers are knacked and binding :|

easy this one, just put mk4 in the search, and select drivetrain for the search. they are 100 times better than standard. :)

Yup, replaced mine 1.5 years ago, after it had failed the MOT on the original (Mk2) rear brakes binding. you will need different hoses, though, as the connector to the Mk4 calipers are banjo-style, weheras on the old calipers, the hoses simply screwed in (like on the front calipers). C&R do the Mk4 calipers as a kit with a set of Goodridge braided hoses with the correct banjo-connectors on the caliper-end of the hoses.

Tempest

Right, some C&R part numbers for their Mk4 rear brake caliper upgrade kit:

BCAL1J0615423: rear brake caliper G4 - n/s

BCAL1J0615424: rear brake caliper G4 - o/s

BHOSGSVW0506-2P: Goodridge G4 rear caliper convert hoses

Tempest

Right, some C&R part numbers for their Mk4 rear brake caliper upgrade kit:

BCAL1J0615423: rear brake caliper G4 - n/s

BCAL1J0615424: rear brake caliper G4 - o/s

BHOSGSVW0506-2P: Goodridge G4 rear caliper convert hoses

Tempest

Are those 3 parts: caliper, caliper mount, and hoses?

Can't find them on C&R - whats teh cost for doing the pair?

For some strange reason they're not listed on C&Rs website, only in their paper catalogue. Those part numbers are from the receipt I received with my caliper kit.

I simply attached them to the existing caliper carriers (i.e. the ons that were already on my C, which was totally standard when I bought it).

Part numbers are for left and right caliper, 3rd part number is for the Goodrich hose kit (2 hoses, one for each caliper). So, yes, you need all 3 items, cost approx. £274 minus the refund you get when sending them your Mk2 calipers.

Tempest

1. There seem to be different Mk4 calipers on the market, THIS THREAD seems to show that there can be wrong ones. I've seen two different types on fleabay; one looked solid, the others looked fanned. Do you think it matters?

2. Does anyone know what Mk the 1994 Corrado 16v used for its carriers?

..... do yu think Mk3 calipers would be better, or is that what the 94 C already uses?